Community Health Worker
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7521 Primary Care-Care Management
Ambulatory Collaborative Care
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift- Monday through Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Health Worker acts as a caring partner to help patients address the social and medical problems that lead to poor health. The goal is to help patients with the tasks of getting medical care, working on health goals (such as arranging care, filling medication prescriptions, planning healthy meals or finding time to exercise), and to help them deal with the "real-life" issues that prevent them from maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Meet patients in the primary care clinic or hospital and conduct an assessment, including helping patients to set health goals.
- Make weekly follow-up calls and home visits to patients.
- Motivate patients to meet their health goals.
- Help patients with social issues like homelessness, substance abuse, and hunger.
- Assist patients with organizing their records, making follow-up appointments, and filling their prescriptions.
- Help patients fill out applications for Medical Assistance and other such documents as needed.
- Document each patient encounter in detail.
- Prepare reports and documents as needed or requested.
- Attend a weekly group meeting with other staff, and program supervisors.
- Comply with OSHA and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of social and community resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to deliver results on instruction.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and problem solve in the application of professional services.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and with data entry.
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to access work assignments in Lancaster City and County.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience working with health care, social service, or a community outreach program.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/31/2020