Community Health Program Coordinator (40 hours/week)
1.0 FTE with primarily day time hours. Some evening availability will be required to support implementation of family-based prevention program. Limited attendance at weekend events in the community can be expected (roughly twice a year).
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate community health programs and support community health improvement efforts within the organization and throughout the service area. This position requires a working knowledge of health equity and the social determinants of health.
HOURS: 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
This is a fully grant funded role, with the grant ending in 9/2024.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate daily operations of assigned community health program(s) and ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintain relationships with community partners and facilitate communication between these agencies and project staff.
- Coordinate effective person-centered outreach, assisting community partners and families in areas of resource planning (such as community support services, housing, transportation issues, etc.).
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies.
- Meet all reporting requirements for funding sources.
- Assist manager in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate.
- Serve as a role model for wellness to colleagues, staff and community at large.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Work collaboratively with team members on projects, continuous quality improvement, and team education.
- Work as a team member with emphasis on ensuring internal/external customer needs met.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience
- Three (3) years of Microsoft Office experience including basic Excel navigation.
- Skilled at handling stressful situations and providing a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Bachelors degree in public health or health related field.
- Substance Use Prevention program implementation
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/23/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.