Community Health Educator
Lancaster General Hospital
7518 Community Health Services
Community Health Services
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Casual - Per Deim - 4 hours a week
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate health education sessions in support of the Community Health & Wellness programs and activities. This position will be primarily responsible for Inpatient Hospital Tobacco Consultations in addition to broader tobacco prevention programming. Previous tobacco dependence treatment experience preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements, fingerstick and venipuncture blood draws and educate client on screening results.
- Facilitate effective health education programs and presentations for corporate and community groups..
- Provide individual and group health coaching to various populations utilizing motivational interviewing.
- Identify client learning needs and implement culturally competent teaching strategies utilizing plain language.
- Clearly document relevant client information based on services offered.
- Provide program outcome reports in a timely fashion to appropriate program coordinator.
- Maintain records on program participants and effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate care team members.
- Assist with advancing CHW priorities as directed by program coordinators
- Represent LG Health at events and promote messages
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or related field
- Two (2) years of teaching experience. Related work as a Wellness intern will qualify in lieu of the two (2) year requirement.
Posted on 03/26/2020
- Two (2) years of health promotion teaching experience
- Tobacco experience preferred