Community & Economic Development Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3012 Lancaster City Alliance
Lancaster City Alliance
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position works for the Lancaster City Alliance
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Full Time- 9:00am - 5:00pm
Formed in 2013, the non-profit Lancaster City Alliance provides a foundation for a strong community through neighborhood development, enhanced public safety for residents and businesses, support for Lancaster's vibrant entrepreneurs, and management of the Downtown Investment District. To do this the Lancaster City Alliance team oversees Building On Strength, the City's 15-year economic development plan which is in place to improve the quality of life for anyone who lives, learns, works, and plays in Lancaster City.
Are you ready to work with the people of Lancaster City and strive for a community where everyone can share in the City’s success? If so, this position may be for you. Lancaster City Alliance is searching for a bi-lingual Community & Economic Development Coordinator with a passion for the people and organizations in the City. If you think you are ready to make a difference in our community, we would love to hear from you.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as the primary liaison between LCA and the Spanish speaking community. Works closely with the President and LCA Community & Economic Development on data collection efforts to support economic development. Regularly engages in direct outreach with City businesses to strengthen the relationship between the City’s small business community and LCA. Collaborates with the City of Lancaster’s Department of Neighborhood Engagement and neighborhood organizations to help advance neighborhood improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Establish, build and maintain close working relationships with community contacts, business and property owners, residents, and others to advance organizational goals
- Effectively translate key communication materials from English to Spanish and serve as translator/Spanish-speaking liaison between Spanish speaking individuals and LCA staff
- Maintain strong relationships with key City staff, property owners, contractors, etc. in order to ensure successful implementation of initiatives/projects
- Educate the community – particularly residents, property owners, tenants and other community stakeholders – about LCA roles and responsibilities, the Building On Strength Economic Development Strategic Plan, and neighborhood enhancement opportunities
- Maintain regular contact with City small businesses and serve as a connection to resources to support their growth, with a priority on businesses in the City’s commercial hubs
- Conduct annual site visits with businesses participating in the Keystone Innovation Zone Program (administered locally by LCA), and help to recruit new businesses to the program
- Engage in door-to-door outreach with neighborhood residents, property owners, and small businesses as well as via telephone and email to solicit participation in neighborhood enhancement projects including, but not limited to, façade improvements, street-tree plantings, litter receptacle installations, block adoptions, and infrastructure projects
- Communicate issues, opportunities and challenges facing neighbors and the community to LCA staff as they arise
- Work closely with the LCA Community & Economic Development Manager to help administer LCA’s Façade Improvement Grant Program and coordinate program logistics
- Help maintain LCA’s existing economic development databases (ex: new business inventory) and assist in the development of new datasets to support economic development
- Regularly attend relevant neighborhood/public meetings and report back to team
- Recruit neighborhood-based volunteers and coordinate registration for the City of Lancaster’s Adopt A Block litter cleanup program
- Coordinate with LCA Community & Economic Development Manager and LCA Director of Communications in the development of necessary outreach materials
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong Spanish-language writing and speaking capabilities; Spanish fluency
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Relevant experience in community development, urban planning, economic development, or a related field.
- Strong customer-service orientation.with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with the general public and in a professional office environment.
- A genuine love for the City of Lancaster.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong writing skills for correspondence, marketing materials, and other documents.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/31/2020