Coding Support Specialist (Full Time/ Day Shift)
1.0 FTE, Day shift, Monday through Friday 7:30-4:00 but negotiable, flexible work schedule, no weekends/holidays. Remote option
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing support to the Professional Billing Services coding team and physician practices for coding issues and compliance, while adhering to official coding guidelines, for the purpose of assuring accuracy when billing insurance carriers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Reviews medical records for coding accuracy.
- Provides accurate and timely responses to general coding questions while fielding more complex issues to the appropriate Coding Specialist or Manager, Coding.
- Provides assistance to Coding Specialists at Practice educational sessions and completes accurate documentation of training provided.
- Assists with Epic work queue completion and/or monitoring.
- Develops and maintains Coding policy and procedure manual. Reviews and types revisions on an annual basis to ensure information is accurate and in compliance with coding regulations and guidelines.
- Participates in department meetings, takes minutes, transcribes and distributes to appropriate staff members. Schedules and coordinates arrangements of meetings as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a minimum of one (1) course in an accredited coding program OR Five years of experience in a physician office setting.
- Completion of medical terminology and anatomy/physiology courses.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a physician office setting.
- Previous coding experience in a physician office setting.
- Recent completion of certification test (passed or failed, or in apprentice category)
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/15/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.