Coding Specialist Non-Surgica-Burle Building (40hrs/week, 1st shift)
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61477 Balance Sheet Posting - Coding Services
Professional Coding Services
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday - Friday.
**Work from home ability: After 6 months in current position 1 day and then 2-3 days after a year. This is pending competency and at Management’s discretion.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a resource to Practices for coding issues and compliance, while adhering to official coding guidelines, for the purpose of assuring accuracy when billing insurance carriers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Act as coding resource for Practices and Patient Business/Financial Services and assist with coding-related issues.
- Prepare and present specific coding education as required.
- Review medical records for coding accuracy.
- Optimize revenue through utilization of most appropriate coding methods, following regulatory and insurance guidelines.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Prepare reports for administration as needed to summarize coding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Formal education in ICD-10-CM coding, CPT-4 coding, and medical terminology.
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through AHIMA (American Health Information Association), or certified by AAPC (American Association Professional Coders) with certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC). If not certified, coding certification is required within (3) years of employment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of ICD-9-CM coding experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of CPT-4 coding experience.
- One (1) year experience with Physician Office billing software.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with physician office billing.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 11/19/2019