Clinical Skills Lab Educator
PA College Of Health Sciences
9791 Center for Excellence
Clinical Skills Lab
Report to and assist the Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator in the provision of evidence-based learning opportunities, resource management/utilization, and program development in the Clinical Skills Lab environment. Provide extended hours for learning opportunities in the Clinical Skills Lab.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Encourages a culture that promotes problem solving, clinical decision making, clinical competency and life-long learning.
- Assists with developing and refining learning experiences for use in the Skills Lab following collaboration with stakeholders to identify needs and ensure that lab experiences align with course content and objectives.
- Provides comprehensive services consistent with course objectives to students and faculty including practice and/or remediation, formative student evaluation and advising, and feedback to faculty regarding student progress.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, resourcing, and communicating information relevant to practice labs and structured lab experiences.
- Provides orientation and recommendations to faculty and students regarding Skills Lab procedures and equipment use, including new equipment and software.
- Assists with establishing and updating policies and standard practices relevant to the Skills Lab.
- Assists with care and maintenance of lab and equipment to provide clean, safe and well equipped labs. Order and manage inventory of linens and lab supplies (medical-surgical) used within the Skills Lab or relevant to skill acquisition outside of the Skills Lab. Recommend the purchase of lab equipment and supplies as needs are identified.
- Assists with preparing, signing out, and restocking signed-out laboratory equipment.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of records and reports relevant to Skills Lab utilization.
- Participates in continuing education activities which increase knowledge base and skill performance relevant to developing expertise in the Skills Lab environment.
- Serves on College committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator or Center Director.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; MSN preferred or will be achieved within 5 years of assuming the position.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license.
- BLS certification required.
To perform this job successfully…..
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in acute care nursing.
- Knowledge of patient care skills, equipment and technology used in the clinical setting.
- Knowledge of safety standards and practices used in the clinical setting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in providing clinical skills education or College level clinical education
- Experience incorporating hands-on learning and simulation learning activities into education.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/03/2021