Clinical Service Specialist-Kissel Hill Outpatient Physical Rehab(36 hours/week, 1st shift & mid shi
Lancaster General Hospital
7715 Kissel Hill-Physical Rehabilitation Center
Kissel Hill - Physical Rehab Center
72 hours in a two week period of time working Monday through Thursday until 7:00 pm and Friday until 5:00 pm with no weekend/holiday.
This position is located at the Kissel Hill Outpatient Physical Rehab Center in Lititz, Pa.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical Service Specialist. They will provide complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients. Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel.
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates skill to service both hospital and physician office patients, if necessary.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs all necessary functions needed to collect patient obligations.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding; collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting AND/OR one (1) year administrative/data entry experience in a medical facility, health insurance or business setting preferred.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release process(es).
- Epic or equivalent Electronic Medical Record experience
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 07/17/2020