Clinical Service Specialist 40 hours per week, Day Shift
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 FTE position, Day shift, no weekends or holidays, some evenings until 7:00 pm required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients. Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates skill to service both hospital and physician office patients, if necessary.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
Patient Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs all necessary functions needed to collect patient obligations.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding; collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, etc.
E-Health Record Verification
- Verifies patient, guarantor, coverage and hospital account information. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Understands insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Prepares and/or releases records or orders in the e-Health record. Scans all necessary documents into appropriate medical record. Understands the importance of patient’s medical information that is documented on paper. Sends all pertinent information to document imaging or heath information management team with in the established time frames.
- Completes documentation for compliance and regulatory needs and/or release of orders
- Retains knowledge and abides by all regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of position and overall operation of the Hospital (as applicable).
Complex Situations and/or Scheduling
- Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols established for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.
- Demonstrates ability to register unscheduled patients requiring a full financial clearance.
Work Queues- Understands how to complete patient and account
- Completes assigned patient scheduling and registration work queues according to performance standards.
- Ability to resolve work queue issues and missing registration items via electronic medical record.
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards.
- Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment and supplies according to unit/department standards
- Maintains appearance of patient care and public areas
- Orders, stocks and distributes supplies to meet the needs of the unit/department
- Aware of cost containment practices and able to access need for changes in utilization
- Greets and escorts patient and visitors to and from clinic/exam room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Initiates patient visit/ follows up after visit when appropriate within scope and competency; following established standards.
- Prepares and assists provider with various procedures within scope and competency; following established guidelines
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job
- Performs clinical functions as required, including any of the following: Phlebotomy, Pain Management, EKG’s, Holter Monitors, 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring, and Point of Care Testing if needed based on departmental needs.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May require regular travel to various sites within the region to support operational needs as listed above.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting AND/OR one (1) year administrative/data entry experience in a medical facility, health insurance or business setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/17/2021