Clinical Service Specialist (Full Time / Day Shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients. Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel.
LOCATION: Willow Lakes Outpatient Center
HOURS: Full Time, (40 hours a week), Day Shift, flexible hours with 1-2 evenings until 7:00pm required. No weekends or Holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates skill to service both hospital and physician office patients, if necessary.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
Patient Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs all necessary functions needed to collect patient obligations.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding; collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, etc.
E-Health Record Verification
- Verifies patient, guarantor, coverage and hospital account information. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Understands insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Prepares and/or releases records or orders in the e-Health record. Scans all necessary documents into appropriate medical record. Understands the importance of patient’s medical information that is documented on paper. Sends all pertinent information to document imaging or heath information management team with in the established time frames.
- Completes documentation for compliance and regulatory needs and/or release of orders
- Retains knowledge and abides by all regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of position and overall operation of the Hospital (as applicable).
Complex Situations and/or Scheduling
- Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols established for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.
- Demonstrates ability to register unscheduled patients requiring a full financial clearance.
Work Queues- Understands how to complete patient and account
- Completes assigned patient scheduling and registration work queues according to performance standards.
- Ability to resolve work queue issues and missing registration items via electronic medical record.
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards.
- Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment and supplies according to unit/department standards
- Maintains appearance of patient care and public areas
- Orders, stocks and distributes supplies to meet the needs of the unit/department
- Aware of cost containment practices and able to access need for changes in utilization
- Greets and escorts patient and visitors to and from clinic/exam room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Initiates patient visit/ follows up after visit when appropriate within scope and competency; following established standards.
- Prepares and assists provider with various procedures within scope and competency; following established guidelines
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May require regular travel to various sites within the region to support operational needs as listed above.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting AND/OR one (1) year administrative/data entry experience in a medical facility, health insurance or business setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release process(es).
- Epic or equivalent Electronic Medical Record experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1 #CB
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/26/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.