At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
3111 Lancaster Team
Clinical Supervisory/Support - LN
Coordinates and schedules patient visits and clinical assignments to ensure optimal consistency of patient care. Runs reports to identify missed visits and unscheduled visits. Monitors the Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health (LGH) patient referral management system and ensures new referrals are accepted and scheduled promptly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Create and manage the daily clinical schedules for all field staff 7 days a week.
- Coordinate care and communicate with field staff as needed throughout the day to ensure all patient visits are scheduled with appropriate disciplines and clinical schedules meet productivity expectations
- Apply critical thinking to clinical assignments by working closely with Clinical Managers to ensure patients are scheduled consistently within a defined team and geographic area
- As required, schedules patient appointments by determining reason for visit, following established schedules, protocols, and visit sets.
- Communicate scheduling changes and confirming appointments,
- offering alternatives and canceling/rescheduling appointments.
- Responsible for calculating and determining daily and weekly admission capacity.
- Reviews clinical referrals from the hospital (LGH) and manages the acceptance and scheduling of all new patients by utilizing defined parameters and capacity expectations.
- Consults with Clinical Managers and works closely with referral center staff to assign start of care dates as soon as possible after discharge but no later than 48 hours.
- Creates staffing schedule and on-call calendar based upon staff availability and approved time off as approved by Clinical Managers.
- Complete telemedicine monitor assignments under the direction of the telehealth department to maximize staff efficiency and minimize overtime.
- Responsible to run and review assigned weekly reports as assigned and ensure follow up is completed or escalated as needed.
- Respond to incoming calls from patients, caregivers, and employees to facilitate and coordinate patient care.
- Consistently demonstrate proper telephone etiquette and outstanding customer service.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of office equipment, copy machines, typewriter, computer, and word processor.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the job as described in the job analysis including, but not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, and use of telephone, computer and fax.
- Skilled at problem solving, issue resolution.
Strong time management, computer, multi-tasking, interpersonal skills.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others. .
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory..
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/31/2020