Clinical Pharmacist-Ft eve
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
No need to post, will add funding to budget.
Job Title: Clinical Pharmacist-FT eve
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working eight hours shifts on evenings with rotational weekends and holidays. Located at Lancaster General Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
In collaboration with the physician and other allied health professionals, evaluate drug therapy based on acuity/potential for problems, and provide medication-related care for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that impact length of stay, patient satisfaction, satisfaction of other health professionals, and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Identifies drug therapy strategies that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
- Utilizes assessment skills in the management of medically complex elderly to monitor responses to drug therapy.
- Provides information to patients, either directly as a consultation or in preparation of patient teaching aides or computer-generated warning or supplemental information.
- Conducts drug utilization reviews to assure the quality of drug use. Determines if criteria for drug use is met in patient cases being reviewed.
- Educates health care professionals and patients in the safe and effective use of medication. This education may be informal (e.g. patient care rounds), as a staff development education program, or as part of the hospital’s interdisciplinary education program.
- Support and assist interdepartmental projects as requested (e.g. MUE, P&T monographs, newsletter articles, performance improvement activities, etc.).
- Interprets and evaluates all medication orders and assures for safe and effective medication, dose route and scheduled administration with clarification as deemed necessary.
- Reviews physician orders and suggests alternate therapies as appropriate. Demonstrates this activity by preparing clinical intervention documentation.
- Prepares and dispenses medications in accordance with professional practice guidelines, state pharmacy laws, and regulatory standards in addition to departmental policies and procedures.
- Advises the physician, nurse and patient regarding the contents, therapeutic action, utilization and possible adverse reactions or interactions of medication.
- Responds to drug information and poison information requests as required.
- Performs computer order entry functions and rotates to all work areas as assigned.
- Actively participates in medication safety programs. Active participation is defined as identifying opportunities to improve safety (reporting errors and adverse drug events), and implementing system-based changes as a result of those opportunities.
- Monitors prescriptions to prevent adverse reactions, allergies and/or drug interactions. Counsels physicians, patients and nurses accordingly. Participates in drug interaction notification.
- Serves as a role model of customer service by responding constructively to the needs of hospital staff. Responding constructively is defined as using a respectful communication style that is consistent with professional collaboration.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pharm.D. or B.S. Pharmacy with equivalent relevant experience required.
- Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Pennsylvania required.
- ASHP-Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
This position requires a license or certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse clearances #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/16/2021