Clinical Nursing Informatics Specialist (Full Time/ Day shift)
This patient-centered position positively influences the adoption and proliferation of information technology with a broad spectrum of constituent interests, aligning technology with goals and desired outcomes across LG Health. This role serves as the subject matter expert with respect to clinical documentation features/capabilities and future-state workflows. Functions as a liaison between the clinicians and the Information Systems (I.S.) Department. Facilitates on-going super-user training, super-user support and system optimization to achieve and maintain meaningful use for the e-Health system. Functions collaboratively as a clinician, an educator, a consultant, and a researcher with a primary responsibility for promoting quality care for patients.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Understands and incorporates the interconnectedness of professional documentation, Clinical Practice Management Resource Center (CPMRC) guidelines, standardized/structured concepts and automation as key concepts of evidence based practice integration and implementation. Serves as the CPMRC Coordinator for the enterprise.
- Participates in the revision and implementation of CPMRC clinical content components of the clinical information systems. Responds appropriately and timely to requests and concerns from users or others affected by the systems.
- Leads the work of developing, implementing and maintaining the interdisciplinary professional practice framework within e-Health. Champions clinical transformation and practice/culture advancement for LG Health.
- Participates in system wide planning to implement clinical transformation to include interdisciplinary partnership councils. Facilitate standardization, continuous improvement and utilization of CPMRC practice and clinical documentation framework.
- Acts as a liaison with the Clinical Practice Guideline authoring and consensual validation process with the CPMRC Consortium.
- Assists in writing standards and best practices for clinical documentation in the clinical information system. Assure processes for review, dissemination of new and archiving of old Clinical Practice Guidelines. Assists in updating LG Health policies and procedures as related to clinical practices, regulatory and legal implications of clinical practice and e-Health.
- Provides clinical expertise related to advanced technology for Nursing and Allied Health including patient assessment and evaluation, care planning and education related to the implementation of evidenced based clinical content and e-Health.
- Work closely with end users in the clinical environment to optimize their use of clinical systems. Develops and coordinates a team of interdisciplinary super-users. Responsible for facilitating communication across the patient care departments and the assigned Clinical Applications Analysts and Principal Trainers.
- Provides project leadership and direction. Coordinates meetings and ensures appropriate expertise is applied to projects/tasks; resolves all issues.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in presentations and publications about clinical information systems at conferences and in journals as appropriate. Attends conferences and seminars as appropriate.
- Maintains membership in organizations that enhance professional growth.
- Maintains membership on, or consultation to, appropriate internal committees, work groups, or task forces as needed to facilitate the ongoing process of the design, implementation, and revision of the clinical information systems.
- Act as the internal consultant, resource person and facilitator of evidence based clinical content to clinicians, bridging the functions of clinical care and information technology within all clinical departments of the health system.
- Provides proactive user support including, but not limited to, training and education. Communicates training needs with members of the training team. Assists in the evaluation and development of training and in-service programs as required.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and issues in healthcare, nursing practice, healthcare informatics, and JCAHO Standards.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Three (3) years of clinical experience
- Three (3) years IS experience, as a Systems Administrator, Project Leader or similar role
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Masters in a related field preferred.
- Five (5) years clinical experience Knowledge of medical terminology
- Three (3) years experience managing multiple concurrent projects
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/28/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.