Clinical Nurse Specialist - Neuroscience
Lancaster General Hospital
3514 Nursing Education
Professional Development & Clinical Excellence
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Fulltime; Dayshift. No weekends or holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine LG Health is currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist for Neuroscience. The Clinical Nurse Specialist would be responsible for supporting and enhancing the delivery of safe, quality nursing care to patients throughout the Lancaster General Health Care System. The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) supports interdisciplinary care delivery through the measurement and ongoing management of patient outcomes. They are self-directed, motivated and empowered clinicians that utilize the nursing process to diagnose and treat illness and promote health within their defined area of specialty. The CNS utilizes evidence-based nursing care standards and programs of care designed to achieve quality cost-effective patient focused outcomes across the three spheres of influence: Patient/Client, Nursing/Nursing Practice and Organization/Systems. They are educated as advanced clinical practitioners, educators, consultants, researchers and role models.
- Provides indirect nursing interventions to care for patients with complex needs.
- Conducts comprehensive, holistic assessments utilizing known or innovative evidence based techniques, tools and methods.
- Plans for systematic investigation of patient problems needing clinical inquiry.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family and maximizes patient/family participation and control in the recovery process in preparation for discharge. Facilitates the access and utilization of hospital and community resources to assist in patient’s recovery and ongoing screening of health risk factors.
- Teaches and provides reinforcement to patients and families on self-care and provides feedback on their progress.
- Develops educational material for patients and families on self care.
- Supports and works collaboratively with appropriate members of the Division of Corporate Education, Professional Development Council, and unit-based councils on assessing education needs of patients, families and staff; and developing programs accordingly.
- Mentors nurses to critique and apply research evidence to nursing practice.
- Assists nurses with developing presentations both poster and didactic at local, state and national programs.
- Serves as a liaison to the Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- May present at community education programs.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team including primary care physicians, specialists, home health care and community services to promote team building and provide clinical consultation and education.
- Collaborates with nursing personnel and other health care providers to identify needed changes in equipment or products based on the evidence, clinical outcomes, and cost effectiveness.
- Contributes to unit-based governance models and the system wide nursing councils as an officer, member or consultant.
- Provide concurrent and retrospective review and analysis of services and outcomes for designated patient populations.
- Facilitate performance improvement activities directed at process, clinical outcomes, and clinical practice improvements. Coordinates these activities with interdisciplinary staff members and care management.
- Identifies nursing research problems and utilizes nursing research strategies to promote clinical knowledge development and research-based clinical practice.
- Anchors nursing practice to evidence based information to achieve nursing sensitive outcomes. Participates in the unit based Performance Improvement Council.
- Works with staff to publish research activities.
- Establishes an environment that promotes ethical decision making and patient advocacy.
- Contributes to the profession and science of nursing.
- Presents a positive role model through advanced nursing practice.
- Identifies impact of legislative and regulatory policies on nursing.
Posted on 01/29/2019