Clinical Nurse Specialist - General Medical
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3514 Nursing Prof Development
Nursing Professional Development & Clinical Excellence
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Position is located at Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Fulltime (40 hours/week). Dayshift. No weekends or holidays.
Responsible for supporting and enhancing the delivery of safe, quality nursing care to patients throughout the Lancaster General Health Care System. The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) supports interdisciplinary care delivery through the measurement and ongoing management of patient outcomes. They are self-directed, motivated and empowered clinicians that utilize the nursing process to diagnose and treat illness and promote health within their defined area of specialty. The CNS utilizes evidence-based nursing care standards and programs of care designed to achieve quality cost-effective patient focused outcomes across the three spheres of influence: Patient/Client, Nursing/Nursing Practice and Organization/Systems. They are educated as advanced clinical practitioners, educators, consultants, researchers and role models.
- Provides indirect nursing interventions to care for patients with complex needs.
- Conducts comprehensive, holistic assessments utilizing known or innovative evidence based techniques, tools and methods.
- Plans for systematic investigation of patient problems needing clinical inquiry.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family and maximizes patient/family participation and control in the recovery process in preparation for discharge. Facilitates the access and utilization of hospital and community resources to assist in patient’s recovery and ongoing screening of health risk factors.
- Teaches and provides reinforcement to patients and families on self-care and provides feedback on their progress.
- Develops educational material for patients and families on self care.
- Supports and works collaboratively with appropriate members of the Division of Corporate Education, Professional Development Council, and unit-based councils on assessing education needs of patients, families and staff; and developing programs accordingly.
- Mentors nurses to critique and apply research evidence to nursing practice.
- Assists nurses with developing presentations both poster and didactic at local, state and national programs.
- Serves as a liaison to the Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- May present at community education programs.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team including primary care physicians, specialists, home health care and community services to promote team building and provide clinical consultation and education.
- Collaborates with nursing personnel and other health care providers to identify needed changes in equipment or products based on the evidence, clinical outcomes, and cost effectiveness.
- Contributes to unit-based governance models and the system wide nursing councils as an officer, member or consultant.
- Provide concurrent and retrospective review and analysis of services and outcomes for designated patient populations.
- Facilitate performance improvement activities directed at process, clinical outcomes, and clinical practice improvements. Coordinates these activities with interdisciplinary staff members and care management.
- Identifies nursing research problems and utilizes nursing research strategies to promote clinical knowledge development and research-based clinical practice.
- Anchors nursing practice to evidence based information to achieve nursing sensitive outcomes. Participates in the unit based Performance Improvement Council.
- Works with staff to publish research activities.
- Establishes an environment that promotes ethical decision making and patient advocacy.
- Contributes to the profession and science of nursing.
- Presents a positive role model through advanced nursing practice.
- Identifies impact of legislative and regulatory policies on nursing.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN).
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing
- Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist from National Certifying Body.
- Certification in specialty area.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist license issued by the PA Board of Nursing License.
- Five (5) years of professional clinical experience in the area of specialty.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Three years (3) of clinical experience as advanced practice provider in area of specialty is preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/20/2021