Clinical Nurse Specialist (Critical Care /Emergency Department)
Each day our Emergency Department—currently with 63 beds in main and fast care, mental health, and the trauma bay—treats 300 to 400 patients with chronic and acute issues, ruling out life threatening conditions and intervening when necessary to stop the progression of acute processes. The team sees everything from sore throats, ear infections, lacerations and broken bones, to more serious conditions like stroke, heart attack, cardiac arrest, and traumatic injuries from motor vehicle and farming accidents, gunshot wounds and stabbings. Lancaster General Hospital, a Level I-accredited Trauma Center, is in the midst of an ED renovation that will nearly double the size of the department
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week). Monday through Friday. Primarily day shift, with occasional flexibility for meetings/education on evenings or nights. 3 weekends per year (weekend differential). No holidays.
Clinical Nurse Specialists are responsible for supporting and enhancing the delivery of safe, quality nursing care to patients throughout the Lancaster General Health Care System. The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) supports interdisciplinary care delivery through the measurement and ongoing management of patient outcomes. They are self-directed, motivated and empowered clinicians that utilize the nursing process to diagnose and treat illness and promote health within their defined area of specialty. The CNS utilizes evidence-based nursing care standards and programs of care designed to achieve quality cost-effective patient focused outcomes across the three spheres of influence: Patient/Client, Nursing/Nursing Practice and Organization/Systems. They are educated as advanced clinical practitioners, educators, consultants, researchers and role models.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) is required.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing is required.
- Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist from National Certifying Body (if eligible for certification, would be required).
- Certification in specialty area is required.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist license issued by the PA Board of Nursing License is required.
- Five (5) years of professional clinical experience in the area of specialty is required.
- Three years (3) of clinical experience as advanced practice provider in area of specialty is preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.