Clinical Manager - Crooked Oak Outpatient Center
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61233 Center for Spine Care
NeuroScience & Spine Administration
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located at Crooked Oak Outpatient Center
HOURS: Full Time Day Shift- 36 hours a week
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for directing, coordinating, facilitating, monitoring and evaluating the delivery of quality patient care and daily operations of a clinical team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Directs daily patient care operations through RN Case Managers, LPNs, Home Care Aides, Therapists and other personnel as assigned.
- Accountable for managing patient care salaries through control of overtime and staff productivity. Plans and implements problem solving strategies when budget targets are not met.
- Accountable for staff adherence to compliance of agency policies and procedures regulatory and accrediting bodies’ requirements.
- Recruits and interviews, and selects qualified employees. Responsible for the orientation of new employees.
- Ensure adequate daily staffing levels to meet patient care needs.
- Communicates with staff regularly to develop and facilitate timely, accurate and complete flow of information by staff meeting, bulletin boards, voice mail, minutes and memos.
- Participates in developing clinical and agency policy and procedure.
- Evaluates patient, significant others, physician and staff satisfaction. Implements actions to establish improvements.
- Counsels, coaches employees and, as necessary, takes appropriate disciplinary action.
- Evaluates job performance of assigned staff, completes performance evaluations as per policy including in-home supervising visits as appropriate.
- Maintains competency regarding patient care visits and can performs visits when necessary.
- Completes annual competency training with staff
·Analyzes the work flow related to effectiveness and efficiency in the work environment and fosters an environment of continued quality and performance improvement.
·Establishes networks within the professional nursing community to promote collaboration and agency awareness.
·Maintains appropriate lines of communication with Clinical Service Manager to enhance quality of care and effectively coordinate agency activities.
·Demonstrates working knowledge of home health care requirements and makes sound judgment based on regulations. Foresees potential problems and intervenes proactively.
·Promotes good public relations with all internal and external customers.
·Follows all agency policies and procedures.
·Performs other duties as assigned.
·Maintains professional expertise in home care by demonstrating professional development through conferences and in service programs.
·Assumes responsibility for own continuing education including agency mandate sessions.
· Provides clinical guidance and assesses employee competency.
·Performs Triage Supervisor duties as needed which may include evenings, nights, weekends and Holidays
·Performs patient care visits in the field as needed and/or directed.
·Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered nurse, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Pennsylvania driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Three years of progressive clinical experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Two years of recent infusion experience for specialty Team Leader.
- One or more year experience in management is preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/09/2020