Clinical Educator - Women & Babies and Pediatrics Inpatient (Fulltime)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3514 Nursing Prof Development
Nursing Professional Development & Clinical Excellence
HOURS: Full-time, 5 days/week, combination of evenings/nights. 1-2 weekends/year. No holidays.
*Educator would be covering Women and Babies Hospital and our Pediatric Inpatient Unit (at Lancaster General Hospital).
SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive educational services, consultation, and continuing education for appropriate personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides instruction in clinical settings/work area through teaching, mentoring, coaching and advising. Serves as a resource to various departments, groups, individuals, and entities within the organization.
- Participates and assists in the facilitation of the department’s orientation program both at the Department and unit level.
- Develops and delivers curriculum using knowledge of adult learning theories to enhance the experience of the participant.
- Meets with key representatives from the department on an as-needed basis to assess effectiveness of educational initiatives.
- Solicits feedback from constituents regarding effectiveness of learning experience and behavioral outcomes after the learning experience. Evaluates feedback and adjusts content and /or adapts presentation style of class as appropriate.
- Performs frequent environmental scan of assigned units/work areas and recommends educational programming opportunities (new classes, content, experiences, etc) to meet the needs of employees. Seeks the customer’s input and needs by staying aware of and knowledgeable about technical and organizational changes.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to determine educational needs/competencies related to department specific PI and assists in analysis of human performance beyond educational domains.
- Understands and collaborates on key departmental outcomes associated with consultation, education, coaching, and other significant activities.
- Develops appropriate communication methods inside and outside the department to address issues, provide follow-up, negotiate, and evaluate organizational issues.
- Identifies opportunities for personal development, methods to achieve this end, shares knowledge with peers and colleagues, and is current with trends in areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other education and organization staff to provide seamless educational services including formal courses, consultation, orientation, and individual coaching.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required. Master of Science degree required within 3 years of starting in role
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) years of clinical or educational healthcare experience (in relevant specialty).
- Two (2) years of application toward adult learning in an informal setting.
- Master of Science degree in related field.
- Two (2) years of formal classroom teaching.
- Two (2) years developing educational activities.
- Certification in relevant specialty. -
- One to two (1-2) programs/year, showing evidence of ongoing continuing education.
- Experiences in multiple functions within an organization.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/19/2020