Clinical Educator - Emergency Dept (Evenings - Fulltime)
Lancaster General Hospital
3514 Nursing Prof Development
Nursing Professional Development & Clinical Excellence
Position is located at Lancaster General Hospital
HOURS: Full-time (80 hours/2 weeks); Primarily Evening Hours; combination of 8, 10 & 12 hour shifts. Occasional dayshift. Two weekendsa year, no holidays.
SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive educational services, consultation, and continuing education for appropriate personnel.
- Provides instruction in clinical settings/work area through teaching, mentoring, coaching and advising. Serves as a resource to various departments, groups, individuals, and entities within the organization.
- Participates and assists in the facilitation of the department’s orientation program both at the Department and unit level.
- Develops and delivers curriculum using knowledge of adult learning theories to enhance the experience of the participant.
- Meets with key representatives from the department on an as-needed basis to assess effectiveness of educational initiatives.
- Solicits feedback from constituents regarding effectiveness of learning experience and behavioral outcomes after the learning experience. Evaluates feedback and adjusts content and /or adapts presentation style of class as appropriate.
- Performs frequent environmental scan of assigned units/work areas and recommends educational programming opportunities (new classes, content, experiences, etc) to meet the needs of employees. Seeks the customer’s input and needs by staying aware of and knowledgeable about technical and organizational changes.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to determine educational needs/competencies related to department specific PI and assists in analysis of human performance beyond educational domains.
- Understands and collaborates on key departmental outcomes associated with consultation, education, coaching, and other significant activities.
- Develops appropriate communication methods inside and outside the department to address issues, provide follow-up, negotiate, and evaluate organizational issues.
- Identifies opportunities for personal development, methods to achieve this end, shares knowledge with peers and colleagues, and is current with trends in areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other education and organization staff to provide seamless educational services including formal courses, consultation, orientation, and individual coaching.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) years of clinical or educational healthcare experience (relevant to specialty)
- Two (2) years of application toward adult learning in an informal setting.
- Master of Science degree in related field (would be required to obtain within 3 years of transferring into the role).
- Two (2) years of formal classroom teaching is preferred.
- Two (2) years developing educational activities is preferred.
- Certification in relevant specialty is preferred.
- One to two (1-2) programs/year, showing evidence of ongoing continuing education is preferred.
- Experiences in multiple functions within an organization is preferred.
Posted on 12/22/2019