Clinical Dietitian- Outpatient
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7542 Diabetes & Nutritional Rehabilitation
Diabetes & Nutrition Center
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Title: Clinical Dietitian Outpatient
Part-time,0.5 working 40 hours per two weeks Tuesday and Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm , (3) 8 hour days on the second week of the pay period, no on call, holidays or weekends, no shift rotations.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individual and group nutrition counseling for referred patients and provides education programs for business and community groups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides individual and group nutrition counseling in nutrition principles in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Maintains effective outpatient nutrition education programs.
- Develops and presents nutrition education programs for business and community groups.
- Maintains nutritional records on patients and communicates pertinent information to referring physician.
- Participates in the marketing of Diabetes and Nutritional Rehab services.
- Participates in continuing education activities, maintains membership in professional affiliations, and completes a minimum of six contact hours in diabetes and educational principles.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the orientation and development of personnel assigned to providing diabetes education.
- Performs daily and/or routine maintenance and calibrates the test equipment as necessary. Recognizes and troubleshoots basic instrument malfunctions and resolves with the proper action taken.
- Sets up, performs, and evaluates programmed quality control materials according to established control limits.
- Runs standards and patient samples through automated or manual protocols and monitors manual functions of test systems and instruments to assume reliable accuracy and precision. Maintains link of test results to patients.
- Evaluates instrument results. Enters results and pertinent information necessary for valid physician interpretation.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance necessary to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or related field from an accredited school
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian, issued by the American Dietetic Association or registration eligible/obtaining certification within 3 months from date of hire.
- Certification as Diabetes Educator or current pursuit of certification.
- Two (2) years of clinical nutrition education.
- One (1) year of diabetes education knowledge and counseling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- For Diabetes Endocrinology Specialists location only: Certified Insulin Pump Trainer or achieved within 6 months from date of hire.
- Two (2) to three years of clinical nutrition education, knowledge, and counseling skills.
- One (1) year education background in teaching/learning with excellent interpersonal skills.
This position requires a license or certification
This positin requires FBI and Child Abuse clearances
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/13/2021