Clinical Dietitian OP, (Part Time, Days)
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individual and group nutrition counseling for referred patients and provides education programs for business and community groups. Patient/customer care includes care to patients/customers in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides individual and group nutrition counseling in nutrition principles in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Maintains effective outpatient nutrition education programs.
- Develops and presents nutrition education programs for business and community groups.
- Maintains nutritional records on patients and communicates pertinent information to referring physician.
- Participates in the marketing of Diabetes and Nutritional Rehab services.
- Participates in continuing education activities, maintains membership in professional affiliations, and completes a minimum of six contact hours in diabetes and educational principles.
Job Summary: M-F Days no weekends or holidays, occasional evening hours
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or related field from an accredited school
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian, issued by the American Dietetic Association or registration eligible/obtaining certification within 3 months from date of hire.
- Certification as Diabetes Educator or current pursuit of certification.
- Two (2) years of clinical nutrition education.
- One (1) year of diabetes education knowledge and counseling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- For Diabetes Endocrinology Specialists location only: Certified Insulin Pump Trainer or achieved within 6 months from date of hire.
- Two (2) to three years of clinical nutrition education, knowledge, and counseling skills.
- One (1) year education background in teaching/learning with excellent interpersonal skills.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/10/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.