Clinical Dietitian Inpatient NICU, (Full Time, Day Shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Participates as a member of the LGH healthcare team and is responsible for providing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and nutrition education to patients of all ages and to members of the community. The RD serves as a resource for nutrition information to various allied health personnel and assists in integrating the patient’s nutritional care into the total treatment plan.
Full time NICU RD M-F day shift. Reports to Supervisor of Inpatient Clinical Nutrition.
Salary Range: $46,529.60 - $73,985.60 Annually
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Gathers and analyzes data from the medical history, medication record, lab values, nutritional and social history and through patient interview and/or physical nutrition assessment as appropriate to complete comprehensive assessment of nutritional requirements of patients served on assigned inpatient units. Utilizes current computer technology as it applies to clinical applications and departmental functions.
- Identifies patients at nutritional risk, categorizes level of malnutrition based on ASPEN/AND criteria if present, initiates nutrition intervention(s) as indicated and assigns time frame for follow up care according to established standards.
- Develops and implements nutritional care plan: Communicates plan to heath care team by verbal and written documentation. Assesses outcomes of nutrition interventions. Revises nutrition care plan to attain goals and desired outcomes. Maintains accurate electronic record of care plan; uses electronic care plan as an effective communication tool with fellow nutrition staff.
- Analyzes physiologic and metabolic responses to PEN
- Tailors nutrition support regimens to the needs of the individual per clinical data and outcomes
- Evaluates social, economic and demographic factors prior in regards to discharge planning for patients receiving PEN
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare guidelines regarding PEN
- Obtains required continuing education to maintain professional growth, development and competency.
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (PEN) support: Calculates nutrient requirements and recommends PEN formulations to physicians, Attends multidisciplinary team rounding as appropriate and necessary to promote nutrition outcomes as required by patient unit assignment, Educates individuals and families in nutritional principles, therapeutic dietary plans, food selection, food economics; adapts nutrition plan to the individual’s lifestyle. Teaches group nutrition classes, and Interprets, evaluates and applies current research and evidence-based information related to nutritional care. Utilizes these resources to develop and update education materials including the LGH Intranet.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or related field from an accredited school.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian, issued by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association or registration eligible/obtaining certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania as a dietitian-nutritionist.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical nutrition experience and education.
- One (1) year education background in teaching/learning with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of clinical nutrition experience and education skills.
- One year of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition support experience.
- NICU Only: One year of experience with neonatal intensive care unit population.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/04/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.