Clinical Dietitian- Inpatient
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7543 Inpatient Clinical Nutrition
Inpatient Clinical Nutrition
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian Inpatient
THis position is located in Lancaster, PA
Part time, 0.5 40 hours per two weeks working (3) 8 hour days per 2 week pay most Mondays and every other Friday with every 4th Saturday and an on call holiday rotation. This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Participates as a member of the LGH healthcare team and is responsible for providing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and nutrition education to patients of all ages and to members of the community. The RD serves as a resource for nutrition information to various allied health personnel and assists in integrating the patient’s nutritional care into the total treatment plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Gathers and analyzes data from the medical history, medication record, lab values, nutritional and social history and through patient interview and/or physical nutrition assessment as appropriate to complete comprehensive assessment of nutritional requirements of patients served on assigned inpatient units. Utilizes current computer technology as it applies to clinical applications and departmental functions.
- Identifies patients at nutritional risk, categorizes level of malnutrition based on ASPEN/AND criteria if present, initiates nutrition intervention(s) as indicated and assigns time frame for follow up care according to established standards.
- Develops and implements nutritional care plan: Communicates plan to heath care team by verbal and written documentation. Assesses outcomes of nutrition interventions. Revises nutrition care plan to attain goals and desired outcomes. Maintains accurate electronic record of care plan; uses electronic care plan as an effective communication tool with fellow nutrition staff.
- Analyzes physiologic and metabolic responses to PEN
- Tailors nutrition support regimens to the needs of the individual per clinical data and outcomes
- Evaluates social, economic and demographic factors prior in regards to discharge planning for patients receiving PEN
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare guidelines regarding PEN
- Obtains required continuing education to maintain professional growth, development and competency.
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (PEN) support: Calculates nutrient requirements and recommends PEN formulations to physicians, Attends multidisciplinary team rounding as appropriate and necessary to promote nutrition outcomes as required by patient unit assignment, Educates individuals and families in nutritional principles, therapeutic dietary plans, food selection, food economics; adapts nutrition plan to the individual’s lifestyle. Teaches group nutrition classes, and Interprets, evaluates and applies current research and evidence-based information related to nutritional care. Utilizes these resources to develop and update education materials including the LGH Intranet.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attend multidisciplinary team meetings. Conducts in-services and classes to peers, allied health and medical professionals
- Counsels patients on food/drug interactions when appropriate.
- Functions as a liaison to the Food Service Department to promote patient satisfaction. Assists with patient meal planning when needed.
- Provides clinical guidance to dietetic technicians. Participates in designing and conducting performance improvement initiatives with physicians, nurses and ancillary departments (such as radiology, pharmacy, speech).
- Gathers and analyzes data from the medical history, medication record, lab values, nutritional and social history and/or physical nutrition assessment as appropriate to complete comprehensive assessment of nutritional requirements of patients served at Lancaster General Hospital. Utilizes current computer technology as it applies to clinical applications and departmental functions.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or related field from an accredited school.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian, issued by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association or registration eligible/obtaining certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania as a dietitian-nutritionist.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical nutrition experience and education.
- One (1) year education background in teaching/learning with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of clinical nutrition experience and education skills.
- One year of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition support experience.
- NICU Only: One year of experience with neonatal intensive care unit population.
This position requires a license or certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse clearances #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/13/2021