Clinical Coordinator - Undergraduate Nursing
PA College Of Health Sciences
The Clinical Coordinator for undergraduate nursing is responsible for providing oversight of the clinical experiences and clinical planning for all pre-licensure nursing programs. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with Nursing faculty to ensure equitable opportunities and outcomes are met for all students. The Coordinator will provide dedicated and intentional oversight of all clinical affiliates. This is a 12-month staff position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Serves as liaison to all clinical agencies for undergraduate nursing. This includes setting up student and faculty accounts, reviewing attestation statements, compiling health records/clearances/confidentiality forms, communicating schedules to clinical sites, and overseeing process for badge access/special directions for each site.
- Provides oversight of clinical compliance with vital document and clearance system.
- Monitors nursing and health programs faculty compliance with credentials, background, drug screen, and required health screenings and immunizations for each clinical site.
- Communicates clinical needs with each clinical agency every semester.
- Determines clinical site utilization for all pre-licensure programs every semester.
- Revises and posts clinical site evaluations in all clinical courses.
- Collaborates with the Chair, Undergraduate Nursing and Program Directors to prepare a master clinical schedule each semester.
- Collaborate with Chair of Undergraduate Nursing to determine faculty needs for clinical sites and simulation.
- Maintains policies and procedures related to student clearances and education requirements specific to each clinical site.
- Coordinates clinical orientation for faculty and students according to clinical partner requirements.
- Provides didactic and/or clinical instruction, including tutoring, as needed throughout the academic year in addition to assigned managerial duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in faculty meetings and College committees, as appropriate.
- Provides service to the College.
- In collaboration with supervisor, identifies goals in relation to professional development.
- Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
To perform this job successfully…..
- Must have two (2) years of relevant nursing experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/16/2022