Clinical Coding Trainer
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); Day Shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for ongoing development of Coding education curriculum, performs training, cross-training, monitoring/audits and mentor-ship for Clinical Coders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Educates Clinical Coders on issues related to coding and compliance standards.
- Determine educational coding training by:Topic (OP, IP, PCS, DRG, CPT, ICD-10, HCC, HCPCS, Edits, etc.) Method (webinar, skype, in-house presentation, etc.) Setting (group, 1:1 or at-your-own-pace).
- Coder Communication-develop and implement ongoing communication strategy with targeted messages/emails.
- Continue to update policies and procedures as needed to reflect changes in process.
- Responsible for ongoing review, auditing, DQ reports on coded charts with feedback provided to coders.
- Receive and respond to inquiries, requests for clarification regarding coding issues and policies/department procedures.
- Participate in the coding of inpatient and outpatient charts as needed.
- In production coding WQs as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Formal education in ICD-10-CM/PCS coding, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Certification(s) in either OutPatient or InPatient at time of hire with the requirement that both Outpatient and Inpatient certification(s) be acquired within three (3) years from hire date.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding principles/guidelines.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in MS-DRG assignment/analysis.
Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or AAPC Certifications (CPC, COC).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Management with certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology with certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Minimum one (1) year experience in instructional/training skills.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of coding, sequencing, and documentation guidelines.
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must have experience in ICD-10 CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS, Inpatient and Outpatient coding.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills and Microsoft Office preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/05/2021