At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40 hours/week) flexible hours, no on call, no holidays, no weekend rotation. 1st year of training would be at the Mill Building in Lititz.
POSITION SUMMARY: : Codes and abstracts information from inpatient and outpatient records by careful analysis and adherence to official coding guidelines assuring appropriate reimbursement, compliance with regulations, and accuracy for clinical care analysis and provider profiling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Assigns codes based upon clinical coding guidelines.
- Assigns ICD-10-CM diagnostic, procedure codes with appropriate present on admission indicators to inpatient records, based upon the practitioner clinical documentation. Determines appropriate MS-Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) based upon diagnoses and procedure codes assigned.
- Assigns ICD-10-CM diagnostic and CPT procedure codes and modifiers to outpatient accounts.
- Applies drug administration charges to outpatient accounts based on the clinical documentation and guidelines.
- Applies observation hour charges to observation accounts based on the clinical documentation and guidelines.
- Reviews and appropriately applies modifiers to the NCCI (National Correct Code Initiative) and OCE (Outpatient Code Edits).
- Abstracts required clinical and demographic data from inpatient and outpatient records.
- Participates in data quality peer review process, reviewing records according to established procedure.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists Patient Financial Services and physician offices with coding—related issues.
- Completes a productivity record on a daily basis and submits to Clinical Coding Coordinator monthly.
- Assists with appropriate capture of inpatient case mix.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Formal education in ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through AHIMA (American Health Information Association), or certified by AAPC (American Association Professional Coders) with certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Professional Coder-Hospital Outpatient (COC). If not certified, coding certification is required within three (3) years of employment.
- Experience in ICD-10-CM/PCS coding/MS-DRG assignment (this may include student work experience) Experience in CPT-4 coding (this may include student work experience)
- Some experience with encoding software is preferred.
This position is located in Lititz, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/30/2021