Clinical Assistant- The Heart Group ( 40 hours/week, 1st shift)
The Heart Group Of LG Health
1410 General Cardiology
Heart Group- Nursing Support
40 hours/week. Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm. No weekends. No major holidays. Possible rotation to satellite offices as needed. ( to include Lititz, Lebanon, Parkesburg, Elizabethtown, & Lancaster Women's Specialty Center).
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide clinical support services to patients in a provider’s office under the supervisor and direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (8 to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greets and shows patients to exam rooms and prepares patient for visit with provider following established rooming standards.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs various tests and procedures upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments, vision screenings, phlebotomy, suture removal and collecting lab specimens.
- Performs various front office responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling, registration, check in, check out and monitoring work queues.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Provides assistance to patients when entering and exiting the building.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors, and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Lancaster General Health policies and procedures.
Posted on 07/24/2020
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant or previous work experience as a Patient Care Assistant or Medical Assistant.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a physician’s office preferred.