Clinical Assistant- Podiatry-Suburban Pavilion Lancaster & Norlanco Specialty Center Elizabethtown (
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Will be required to work at both the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion and the Norlanco Specialty location in Elizabethtown.
Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
Will be required to work at both the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion and the Norlanco Specialty location in Elizabethtown. Only occasional travel to the Parkesburg Office.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide clinical support services to patients in a provider’s office under the supervisor and direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (8 to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greets and shows patients to exam rooms and prepares patient for visit with provider following established rooming standards.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs various tests and procedures upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments, vision screenings, phlebotomy, suture removal and collecting lab specimens.
- Performs various front office responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling, registration, check in, check out and monitoring work queues.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Provides assistance to patients when entering and exiting the building.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors, and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Lancaster General Health policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant or previous work experience as a Patient Care Assistant or Medical Assistant.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a physician’s office preferred.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/23/2021