Clinical Assistant-Healthy Beginnings Plus Columbia (8 hours/week, 1st & 2nd shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
7593 Healthy Beginnings Plus
Healthy Beginnings Plus Clinical Care
8 hours/week. Mixture of 1st and 2nd shifts.
This position will primarily be in the Columbia Clinic, but may be needed for occasional coverage in the Lancaster Office.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide clinical support services to patients in a provider’s office under the supervisor and direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (8 to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greets and shows patients to exam rooms and prepares patient for visit with provider following established rooming standards.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient to obtain pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the patient chart.
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and accurately records information in patient chart.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs various tests and procedures upon the request of the provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs, breathing treatments, vision screenings, phlebotomy, suture removal and collecting lab specimens.
- Performs various front office responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling, registration, check in, check out and monitoring work queues.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient information.
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Provides assistance to patients when entering and exiting the building.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors, and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors, and colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Lancaster General Health policies and procedures.
Posted on 11/21/2019
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant or previous work experience as a Patient Care Assistant or Medical Assistant.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a physician’s office preferred.
- Obstetrical background preferred