Clinical Applications Analyst (Full Time/ Day shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Applications Analyst works extensively with project teams and their department in the transformation and improvement of processes and workflows for use with all clinical and revenue cycle applications. Understands the operational environments and advocates for effective use of technology to improve patient care through high quality, cost effective solutions. Acts as a liaison between the clinical departments and Information Services. Assists in the development of re-engineered best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit to clinical departments. Performs system installations, maintenance, training, and user support within a defined application environment having knowledge, taking responsibility for the architecture, and defining how the systems work internally and together. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system. Epic Certification is required.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm, Occasional weekends to support project go lives, rotating on call schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test application software to support and optimize operational work processes. Keep abreast of current technology, software and hardware and promote change processes. Analyzes functionality and tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of simple and intermediate issues at the technical, interface and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes. Escalates complex issues as necessary. Understands integration between various applications and functionality within those applications. Serves to assure full integration of applications and devices utilizing interfacing standards and vendor provided utilities
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and system scope. Reviews and collects information regarding potential system enhancements.
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design, workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation, optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training environments and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into applications meets business requirements.
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of experience as an Epic Certified analyst.
- Two years clinical, ancillary, revenue cycle operations experience in related field or information technology experience.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in environment being supported.
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Two (2) years experience as an Associate Applications Analyst
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/04/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.