Child Life Specialist : Pediatrics (FT/Days)
Job Title: Child Life Specialist: Pediatrics(FT/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hours per two weeks working Wednesdays and Thursdays 7:30am-1:00pm and Fridays 7:00am-3:30 pm.
The Child Life Specialist (CLS) demonstrates competence in supporting pediatric patients and family members of patients with medical and psychosocial needs. The CLS contributes to the advancement of safe quality child life practices. Child life professionals help children and their families navigate the emotionally and physically demanding process of coping with illness, injury, disability, trauma and hospitalization. Responsible for the design and implementation of pediatric programs, therapies, and activities among young patients. Works with families to assist in caring for childhood hospitalizations or disabilities. Monitors child development to ensure normal progression. Provides in-depth care as needed to more urgent cases. Child Life Specialists (CLS) are trained healthcare professionals who work with children and their families helping them cope with the challenges of hospitalization, surgery, illness and disability. They focus on the psychosocial development of children under stress while encouraging valuable coping strategies for them and their families as well.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides competent child life services to patients, family members, including developmentally-appropriate therapeutic activities, education, procedural preparation, coping facilitation, and support as it is required related to their illness and medical treatment.
- Assesses, individualizes and evaluates plan of care based on family/patient physical, developmental, emotional and recreational needs.
- Communicates plan to interdisciplinary team members and family.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and interdisciplinary team members to provide optimal care and services.
- Demonstrates compliance with patient care documentation standards, providing support to newer staff regarding documentation practices as needed.
- Provides training, supervision, and feedback for volunteers.
- Manages department resources specific to assigned clinical unit.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Child Life, Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation or closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a paid Child Life Specialist and/or Recreation Therapist.
- Certification in Child Life and/or Therapeutic Recreation (CCLS/CTRS).
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/03/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.