Chief Nursing Officer
Lancaster General Hospital
3070 LGH Executive Office
Hospital Operations and Nursing
The Chief Nursing Officer provides leadership, direction and oversight of nursing operations across the LG Health organization in coordination with Penn Medicine nursing leadership. This includes management of nursing functions and patient care services as outlined in the table of organization for the health system in collaboration with Senior Hospital Operations Executives and other senior physician and executive leaders. This role is central to outcome-based care.
- Positions the hospital for success with the smooth and efficient nursing operations of the hospital, improving performance and care outcomes.
- Leads a nursing team to drive quality patient experience across the continuum and improve population health through patient engagement.
- Collaborates with Senior Hospital Operations Executives to provide high quality, efficient and patient-focused care.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures and models to improve efficiency and delivery of quality patient care and services.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Service Line structure to provide alignment for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated clinical programs within the hospital, positively impacting patient satisfaction and patient safety.
- Collaborates with medical staff leadership /CMO/Chairs and Chiefs and manages relationships with hospital based practices and operational departments.
- Creates and leads the strategies and initiatives that enhance staff engagement and patient satisfaction by employing our core values and every time behaviors by creating and maintaining a professional work environment that supports the well-being and development of staff.
- Supports and implements performance improvement initiatives related to care redesign, quality, safety and length of stay.
- Leads the professional practice model and guidelines for all nursing staff and services of the health system to advance the standard of nursing practice and related patient outcomes, promoting an environment of excellence that supports the professional nurse and other nursing care providers.
- Oversees nursing education and leadership and professional development, nursing research and the implementation of evidence-based practices. Responsible for Magnet accreditation for the organization and compliance with institutional guidelines and external regulatory agencies.
- Represents the health system and serves as nursing liaison with regulatory bodies e.g. JCAHO, DOH, ANCC (Magnet) DOH and external healthcare organizations as the chief nursing executive for the organization. Ensures compliance with institutional guidelines and external regulatory agencies including credentialing and privileging policies for nurses.
- Attends Board and Board committee meetings and Medical Executive Committee.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of the latest trends in health care leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 06/06/2019
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse license is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Ten (10) years of experience in healthcare.
- Five (5) years of progressive management experience in Nursing Administration.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.