Chaplain Resident (40 hours/week)
Full-time, some day shifts, some evenings, one overnight each week, every other weekend, and most holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Chaplain Residents are students enrolled in a year long Clinical Pastoral Education Program. As a part of their clinical experience, they are assigned to various units throughout the hospital and serve as on-call chaplains for the department. Provide a pastoral ministry to patients, families and hospital personnel. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
HOURS: 40 hours/week. Some days, some evenings, one overnight each week. Every other weekend rotation, and most holidays.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Fully participate in the educational activities in the CPE program.
- Provide visitation and pastoral care to hospitalized patients and their families in assigned areas.
- Provide pastoral care coverage to patients and their families throughout the hospital during on-call shifts.
- Function as a member of the Pastoral Care Department.
- Assist in the building of team relationships with hospital staff in patient care.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Completion of some graduate level theological courses from an accredited theological school or seminary.. Master of Divinity or Master of Arts in related field is preferred.
- Completion of one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Previous experience in ministry either as a clinical student or work setting.
- Personal availability and skills for relating to people from various backgrounds and beliefs with respect.
- Previous ministry experience in a hospital setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/22/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.