Chaplain Associate II
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Weekends, Overnights, Evenings.
HOURS: Per-Diem (0.1 FTE); Weekends, Overnights, Evenings.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chaplain Associate assists with on call coverage of the hospital and/or Women and Babies Hospital by providing pastoral care and a supportive presence for patients and families confronting the emotional and spiritual impact of hospitalization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Participates in delivering and arranging for appropriate pastoral care support to patients, families and staff in specific areas of the institution.
- Respond to requests for pastoral care in a timely manner.
- Participate in the meeting ritual and sacramental needs of patients.
- Identify and refer critical pastoral care needs to the staff chaplain of the department.
- Participates in maintenance of proper administrative procedures for the department in accordance with institutional policy.
- Document pastoral care activities to communicate with members of the department and other health care providers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assist the Pastoral Services Department in providing 24 hour pastoral care coverage.
- Provide pastoral services in such a way as to accomplish the institutional, as well as the departmental objectives. Function in a manner that reflects the mission and vision of the institution.
- Adhere to all Hospital standards, policies, and procedures. Adhere to the code of ethics of the Association of Professional Chaplains.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Completion of some graduate level theological courses from an accredited theological school or seminary OR demonstrated equivocal knowledge of theology, spirituality and pastoral counseling.
- Completion of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- The interpersonal skills needed to work with distressed and anxious patients, families, and employees.
- The analytical ability to assess patients’ spiritual needs and sense of well-being and offer appropriate support and/or referral.
- An empathy for the problems experienced by patients and families; commitment to help the distressed.
- Excellent communication skills to support patients, families, and employees.
- Awareness of and commitment to fostering a climate of toleration and respect for the cultural diversity in the healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in crisis/trauma care.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/28/2021