Certified Tumor Registrar Main Hospital (Full Time/ Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
This position is located at the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Full -time, 40 hrs/week; day shift; no weekends/holidays
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for complete and accurate review of all cancer patient records, collecting data for the PA Cancer Registry (PCR), the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB), and the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Identifies, registers and maintains records of patients diagnosed and treated for cancer to provide data for physicians, program management as well as to comply with government regulations and research studies.
- Analyzes data and disseminates information.
- Prepares statistical, narrative and graphic presentations of cancer registry data for use by users of registry data.
- Interacts and communicates with other departments and staff within the organization as well as other health care providers and facilities. Must be able to verbalize data elements and provide analysis to physicians and health care providers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in training of new staff coming into the department.
- Coordinates agenda and activities relating to the Cancer Committee and other cancer related activities.
- Coordinates the tumor board data for Cancer Committee reporting and ACoS survey applications.
- Keeps track of the quality metrics for abstraction and shares results as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or higher is required.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification, from an accredited institution, is required within three (3) years of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of two courses in Anatomy and Physiology (I and II) is preferred.
- CTR Certification from an accredited institution, or certification eligible, is preferred.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/08/2021