Certified Tumor Registrar Main Hospital (Full Time/ Day Shift)
This position is located at the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute in Lancaster, PA.
HOURS: Full -time, 40 hrs/week; day shift; no weekends/holidays
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for complete and accurate review of all cancer patient records, collecting data for the PA Cancer Registry (PCR), the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB), and the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Identifies, registers and maintains records of patients diagnosed and treated for cancer to provide data for physicians, program management as well as to comply with government regulations and research studies.
- Analyzes data and disseminates information.
- Prepares statistical, narrative and graphic presentations of cancer registry data for use by users of registry data.
- Interacts and communicates with other departments and staff within the organization as well as other health care providers and facilities. Must be able to verbalize data elements and provide analysis to physicians and health care providers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in training of new staff coming into the department.
- Coordinates agenda and activities relating to the Cancer Committee and other cancer related activities.
- Coordinates the tumor board data for Cancer Committee reporting and ACoS survey applications.
- Keeps track of the quality metrics for abstraction and shares results as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or higher is required.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification, from an accredited institution, is required within three (3) years of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of two courses in Anatomy and Physiology (I and II) is preferred.
- CTR Certification from an accredited institution, or certification eligible, is preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 02/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.