Certified Tumor Registrar
Lancaster General Hospital
9040 Oncology Data Management
Oncology Data Management
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for complete and accurate review of all cancer patient records, collecting data for the PA Cancer Registry (PCR), the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB), and the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Identifies, registers and maintains records of patients diagnosed and treated for cancer to provide data for physicians, program management as well as to comply with government regulations and research studies.
- Analyzes data and disseminates information.
- Prepares statistical, narrative and graphic presentations of cancer registry data for use by users of registry data.
- Interacts and communicates with other departments and staff within the organization as well as other health care providers and facilities. Must be able to verbalize data elements and provide analysis to physicians and health care providers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in training of new staff coming into the department.
- Coordinates agenda and activities relating to the Cancer Committee and other cancer related activities.
- Coordinates the tumor board data for Cancer Committee reporting and ACoS survey applications.
- Keeps track of the quality metrics for abstraction and shares results as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree or higher is required.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification, from an accredited institution, is required within three (3) years of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of two courses in Anatomy and Physiology (I and II) is preferred.
- CTR Certification from an accredited institution, or certification eligible, is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 07/02/2020