Certified Respiratory Therapist (FT/Day/Eve or Eve/Night)
Job Title: Certified Respiratory Therapist(Full-time/Day/eve or eve/night)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0 80 hours per two weeks working hours between 6:00am-6:00pm or 6:00pm-6:00am per candidate choice with every third weekend, rotational holidays and occasional on call
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs respiratory care services in accordance with department policies and procedures under the general direction of the shift supervisor and assistance from staff therapists.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Administers physician-prescribed treatment/testing to patients in all clinical areas, except the Neonatal ICU, according to physician order and/or department policy. Administered services include therapeutic gases, aerosol and humidity therapy, sputum specimen collection, positive pressure breathing treatment (IPPB/CPAP), deep breathing exercises, airway care including tracheobronchial aspiration and other procedures, bedside measurement of vital capacity and peak flow rates, and postural drainage and percussion/vibration to aid in secretion removal.
- Performs physician-ordered arterial blood sample collection and subsequent analysis on an arterial blood gas analyzer for oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, and oxygen saturation.
- Establishes, monitors and adjusts ventilator management of the critically ill patient requiring mechanical ventilation (excluding the NICU) following the direction of a physician and/or established physician protocol.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation according to department policies for performed services. Follows downtime procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, or hold a temporary permit by the State Board of Medicine.
- Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Technician program. Must be certified or eligible to be certified.
- One (1) year of arterial blood gas sampling.
- One (1) year of ventilator management.
- One (1) year of aerosol therapies, post-drainage.
- NBRC certification.
- CPR certification
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/28/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.