Central Utility Plant Operations Mechanic - 2nd Shift
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week Monday-Friday between the hours of 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm
On call rotation
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
This position ensures the safe and efficient operations of the Central Utility Plant while monitoring and responding to changes in operating conditions and system load demands to maintain continuous plant performance. Operation and monitoring of the Central Utility Plant equipment includes, but is not limited to the Combustion Steam Turbine Generator, Heat Recovery Steam Generator, Gas Compressor, Chillers, Boilers, Motors, Pumps and other auxiliary equipment. This position works under the direct of Plant Engineering and will require on-call rotation to support the Central Utility Plant operations and scheduled maintenance shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Reads meters, gauges or automatic recording devices at specific intervals to verify plant operating conditions and maximize facility efficiency. Records operating data and analyzes data for trends.
- Uses plant operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to start, stop, adjust or modify equipment operations to ensure all equipment is operated within the recommended operating range.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment by performing predictive/preventative maintenance, identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance and performing disassembly, repair and overhaul of equipment as required.
- Keeps management, supervisors and employees fully informed of unusual conditions, damaged equipment and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packings, gaskets, valves and gauges. Cleaning, repairing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Opens and closes valves and/or circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and isolation.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for safety, fire, security and utility emergencies (includes electrical, HVAC, water, steam and plumbing). Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Assists in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma and equivalent trades/technical training with background in electrical, mechanic, plumbing and controls.
Three (3) years of electrical experience,.
Two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control.
- Prior experience as a Control Room Operator in a power plant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret electrical single line schematic diagrams, mechanical P&ID drawings, O&M manuals and safety manuals.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude in operating systems, high pressure steam boilers, combustion turbine and other Central Utility Plant control systems (SCADA, BAS).
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete assignments with little supervision.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
Posted on 01/17/2020
- Five (5) years experience in a Central Utility Plant operations.
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience.
- Three (3) or more years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman experience.