Central Utility Plant Operations Mechanic - 2nd Shift
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
1520 Operation of Plant
Operation of Plant
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
This position will work 40 hours/week Monday-Friday between the hours of 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm
On call rotation
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
This position ensures the safe and efficient operations of the Central Utility Plant while monitoring and responding to changes in operating conditions and system load demands to maintain continuous plant performance. Operation and monitoring of the Central Utility Plant equipment includes, but is not limited to the Combustion Steam Turbine Generator, Heat Recovery Steam Generator, Gas Compressor, Chillers, Boilers, Motors, Pumps and other auxiliary equipment. This position works under the direct of Plant Engineering and will require on-call rotation to support the Central Utility Plant operations and scheduled maintenance shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Reads meters, gauges or automatic recording devices at specific intervals to verify plant operating conditions and maximize facility efficiency. Records operating data and analyzes data for trends.
- Uses plant operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to start, stop, adjust or modify equipment operations to ensure all equipment is operated within the recommended operating range.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment by performing predictive/preventative maintenance, identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance and performing disassembly, repair and overhaul of equipment as required.
- Keeps management, supervisors and employees fully informed of unusual conditions, damaged equipment and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packings, gaskets, valves and gauges. Cleaning, repairing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Opens and closes valves and/or circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and isolation.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for safety, fire, security and utility emergencies (includes electrical, HVAC, water, steam and plumbing). Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Assists in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma and equivalent trades/technical training with background in electrical, mechanic, plumbing and controls.
Three (3) years of electrical experience,.
Two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control.
- Prior experience as a Control Room Operator in a power plant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret electrical single line schematic diagrams, mechanical P&ID drawings, O&M manuals and safety manuals.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude in operating systems, high pressure steam boilers, combustion turbine and other Central Utility Plant control systems (SCADA, BAS).
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete assignments with little supervision.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
- Five (5) years experience in a Central Utility Plant operations.
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience.
- Three (3) or more years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman experience.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/13/2020