Central Utility Plant Operations Mechanic (Full-Time/2nd Shift)
Location: Lancaster PA
Hours: Full-time (40 hours p/ week), 2nd Shift; Monday- Friday 3:30pm-11:30pm; On call rotation
Sign on bonus of $1000 (external candidates only)
This position ensures the safe and efficient operations of the Central Utility Plant while monitoring and responding to changes in operating conditions and system load demands to maintain continuous plant performance. Operation and monitoring of the Central Utility Plant equipment includes, but is not limited to the Combustion Steam Turbine Generator, Heat Recovery Steam Generator, Gas Compressor, Chillers, Boilers, Motors, Pumps and other auxiliary equipment. This position works under the direct of Plant Engineering and will require on-call rotation to support the Central Utility Plant operations and scheduled maintenance shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Reads meters, gauges or automatic recording devices at specific intervals to verify plant operating conditions and maximize facility efficiency. Records operating data and analyzes data for trends.
- Uses plant operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to start, stop, adjust or modify equipment operations to ensure all equipment is operated within the recommended operating range.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment by performing predictive/preventative maintenance, identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance and performing disassembly, repair and overhaul of equipment as required.
- Keeps management, supervisors and employees fully informed of unusual conditions, damaged equipment and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packings, gaskets, valves and gauges. Cleaning, repairing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Opens and closes valves and/or circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and isolation.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing procedures for safety, fire, security and utility emergencies (includes electrical, HVAC, water, steam and plumbing). Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Assists in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma and equivalent trades/technical training with background in electrical, mechanic, plumbing and controls.
Three (3) years of electrical experience,.
Two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated industrial control.
- Prior experience as a Control Room Operator in a power plant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret electrical single line schematic diagrams, mechanical P&ID drawings, O&M manuals and safety manuals.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude in operating systems, high pressure steam boilers, combustion turbine and other Central Utility Plant control systems (SCADA, BAS).
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete assignments with little supervision.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
- Five (5) years experience in a Central Utility Plant operations.
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience.
- Three (3) or more years of mechanical/plumbing experience.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/04/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.