Catering Specialist: Main Hospital (Full Time/Day Shift)
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours p/ week)primarily day hours
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! (external candidates only)
Responsible for food preparation, set-up, service, break-down and clean-up of catering events at LG Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares both hot and cold foods for catering events at LG Health, ensuring proper taste, texture, appearance, temperature and quality.
- Responsible for set-up and break-down of events to any and all departmental standards.
- Meets all deadlines for production, events, and clean up activities.
- Operates all necessary equipment in a safe manner to the proper capabilities of the design.
- Communicates with customers during and after events to ensure overall success catering event and to update customer preference profiles.
- Diplomatically handles complaints and problems, professionally and completely.
- Enters orders and processes invoices.
- Responsible for sanitation and safety of work areas and food locations at events.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in other areas of food service, as needed.
- Participate in offsite catering events or assistance, including at the Woman’s and Babies’ Hospital and the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Strong customer service skills.
- One (1) year of food service experience.
- Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in Catering.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: ovens, steamer, mixer, food processor, steam kettle, tube system, telephone, computer, pans, knives, cutting boards, scales, thermometers, pens, menus, recipes, charts, can opener.
Software: Microsoft Office
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/12/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.