Cash Application Specialist- Horizon Healthcare Services (40 hrs/week)
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Patient Account Services
This position is located at Burle Business Park in Lancaster, PA. Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
To provide cash posting, deposit preparation, data entry, collections, and general clerical services to support the Horizon Healthcare Services operation.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS - JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 98%. Qualified individuals must have the ability--with or without reasonable accommodation--to perform the following duties:
Posting Cash and Contract Follow-Up
Accurately prepares bank deposits for HHS and LCP (when LCP rep is off) making sure all tie out to cash sheet.
Completes weekly download of Electronic Funds Transfers and posts to patient accounts in CPR+.
Reports to insurer all listings that cannot be down loaded via EFT.
Works all rejections and problems where payment did not reflect HHS contract with that insurer.
Interacts with billers/collectors to resolve problems or answer questions regarding posting and EOB's.
Organizes and maintains organization of any and all EOB's in proper order assuring that all staff will be able to locate at a later date.
Assures that copies of unpaid claims/line items are copied and given to the biller timely as identified by dept. manager
Act in a professional manner when dealing with insurers and customers. Use past experience and knowledge to investigate and offer solutions.
Assists department in maintaining accounts receivable at a maximum of 75 days outstanding.
Follows guideline mandated by federal and state insurers when representing claims for appeal.
Exhibits good judgment and adheres to LCP mission, while displaying excellent customer service during collection efforts.
Practice resourcefulness when dealing with situations where needed information may be misplaced.
Computer System Data Management
Thoroughly understands contract maintenance and contract database in CPR+ computer system and addresses needed changes or updates.
Thoroughly understands shared contracts in CPR+ and addresses needed changes or updates.
Accurately post cash & A/R adjustments into CPR+ making sure cash posted ties out to cash sheet.
Accurately transfer patient account balances/copays as per insurer explanation of benefits.
Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word using them effectively as a tool.
Always generate a collection/follow up note in CPR+ system when utilizing the A/R account and check off completed A/R activity.
Enters HHS Breast Pump patients into CPR+ system and assist with billing prep as needed.
Assist Office Manager with billing/collection functions for breast pump patients.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS - JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 2%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
Remains cross-trained with co-workers in department, understanding all aspects of the department with 100% commitment to teamwork.
Perform all other reasonably-related duties of an equal or lower nature as may be directed in the sole discretion of management.
ESSENTIAL JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ prior medical billing and general office experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’s data entry/computer experience. Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and excellent 10-key skills.
PREFERRED JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two (2) years prior medical billing experience in the home infusion field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in accounts receivable and collections, preferably in the medical field.
GENERAL EDUCATION ‑ LANGUAGE ABILITY: The following level of ability is necessary to deliver, understand, and apply language:
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instructions, atlases and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare and/or edit memoranda, reports and essays using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with correct pronunciation and using all tenses.
GENERAL EDUCATION ‑ MATHEMATICS ABILITY: The following level of ability is necessary to understand mathematical concepts and apply them to problem‑solving situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure; to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions; to compute ratio, rate, and percent; and to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: Network computer system and personal computer proficiency; 10-key adding machine; office copier, multi-line telephone system, FAX machine, postage meter, miscellaneous office equipment.
Software: LG/LGS Information System; Word; Excel; Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Degree of physical exertion is light.
BODY POSITION AND MOVEMENT: The following positions or movements are typical of the job:
SITTING is done continuously.
WALKING is done occasionally.
3. STANDING is done occasionally.
4. CLIMBING is done seldom.
5. REACHING (Extending out and retrieving objects outside immediate range) is done occasionally.
6. PUSHING (To press against something with substantial steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward) is done seldom.
7. PULLING (To exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion) is done seldom.
8. LIFTING (To raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position) is done seldom.
9. END‑RANGE MOTION (To fully extend or retract a bodily part or joint to its maximum range in order to reach, push, pull, lift, or otherwise perform job functions) is done seldom.
10. STOOPING/CRAWLING (To lower the body to floor level, and move about with agility) is done seldom.
VISUAL REQUIREMENTS: (Considerations include color, depth perception and field of vision).
- The job requires a good sense of vision (with or without correction) necessary to distinguish like objects from one another, to scan fields of data and select numbers or characters, and/or to detect and visually follow moving objects.
AUDITORY (HEARING) REQUIREMENTS: Examples of the types of sounds that must be heard and the reason they must be heard are listed below:
Telephone ringing To answer incoming calls
Voices To converse/communicate
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY ‑ The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING ‑ The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job‑worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements for self and to monitor progress toward accomplishment.
Creativity, feelings or ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use creativity, self‑expression, or imagination.
Influencing Others: Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things; to motivate, convince or negotiate.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Position does not require supervisory responsibility.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous elements or conditions is negligible.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates and should not be considered absolute. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. The employer reserves the right to amend, modify and/or delete this position from the table of organization in its sole discretion. This is to be considered a position-at-will.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/17/2021