Case Manager: Emergency Department (Full Time/Night Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
$5,000 Sign-on bonus for external applicants only
Hours: Full-time 0.8 FTE (64 hours every 2 weeks); combination of evenings & nights between the hours of 7:00 pm - 7:00 am with a combination of 8 & 12 hours shifts during the week and works every 3rd weekend (Friday/Saturday) 12 hour shifts 7pm-7am Occasional holiday (Martin Luther King/Memorial/Independence/Labor Day. The schedule may include an occasional need to work outside of these hours to meet the business needs of the department.
POSITION SUMMARY: Acts as an advocate for the patient, assisting them to reach optimal function and health in an appropriate environment that would support their needs. The Case Manager functions within the full scope of practice to include the major responsibilities of the position and to extend these responsibilities beyond the episode of care to encompass coordination of care across the continuum. The Case Manager applies the processes of assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and coordination of care to meet the patients’ health care needs across the continuum in collaboration with health team members, community members, to ensure safe, quality and cost effective care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts assessments of patient/family needs by coordinating input from all health professionals and formulating a documented plan assuring continuity of care for the rising and high risk patients.
- Delegates care coordination based on situation while assuming accountability for patient outcome. Supports assistive personnel; serves as a resource and holds assistive personnel accountable to complete delegated tasks.
- Identifies appropriate providers, facilities, external healthcare organizations throughout the continuum of care and communicates with an interdisciplinary treatment team to develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients, families and providers.
- Functions as a coordinator and manager of a defined health population across care setting and for multiple physicians/health care providers or health plan counterparts. Works closely with their assigned primary care department/practice to offer individualized assistance with improving and maintaining quality patient care.
- Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Oversees and guides the development of multiple health partnerships to achieve a positive health effect.
- Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation related to initiatives.
- In conjunction with the practice team, identifies patients at risk for poor outcomes or experiencing poor coordination of services who would benefit from more intensive follow-up.
- Provides chronic disease and self-management education and support.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assist in coordination of the development of practice parameters with the assigned departments/sections/specialties of Medical Staff.
- Identifies professional needs to maintain expertise and keep current with health care trends, both clinical and financial.
- Serves on committees and actively participates in department staff meetings and performance improvement activities, using the gained knowledge through lean six-sigma training.
- Helps in identification of best methods to transmit case management plan to all points of care provided in the health care system, and county social service agencies.
- Actively engages in educational activities with Medical Students and Residents.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An RN or Social Worker is required for this role, with specific requirements being one of the following:
- RN: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or a related health care degree is required (Employees not meeting this requirement, who were in the role on March 30, 2014, are required to meet the requirement by 2019).
- Social Worker: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or a Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW) with a Master's degree (MS) in Human Services from an accredited school or program
- Three (3) years of acute care nursing or social work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to: motivational interviewing, teach-back method and self-management support.
- One (1) year experience in case coordination and planning as well as experience in project implementation and execution.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working among multi-disciplinary teams.
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information system, utilization tracking system
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/13/2021