Case Manager (Full-time, Day Shift; RN-BSN preferred)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
9050 Case Management
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Case Managers at Lancaster General Health are an integral part of the healthcare team. The Case Manager acts as an advocate for the patient, assisting them to reach optimal function and health in an appropriate environment that would support their needs. The Case Manager functions within the full scope of practice to include the major responsibilities of the position and to extend these responsibilities beyond the episode of care to encompass coordination of care across the continuum. The Case Manager applies the processes of assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and coordination of care to meet the patients’ health care needs across the continuum in collaboration with health team members, community members, to ensure safe, quality and cost effective care.
The Case Manager schedule includes Full-time day shift hours between the hours of 0730-1630 with 3-4 weekends per year (08-1630) and on call 1-2 weeks per year - occasional holidays: Martin Luther King, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day only at this time (may work one of these holidays every 2-3 years)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An RN or Social Worker is required for this role, with specific requirements being one of the following:
- RN: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or a related health care degree is required
- Social Worker: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or a Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW) with a Master's degree (MS) in Human Services from an accredited school or program
- Three (3) years of acute care nursing or social work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to: motivational interviewing, teach-back method and self-management support.
- One (1) year experience in case coordination and planning as well as experience in project implementation and execution.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working among multi-disciplinary teams.
- Five (5) years of case management experience.
- Case Management certification (ACM/CCM) within 3 years.
- Current Licensure as a RN, issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Knowledge of utilization review or managed care.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/25/2021