Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist; (Full Time, Days)
Fulltime 1.0 dayshift Mon-Fri with varying start times including participation in a call pool including weekends and holidays. 30 minute response time required. Role will participate in both Cath and EP procedures at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Hospital.
Assists physician during all invasive/ cardiology, vascular, and special procedures. Provides patient care to all invasive cardiology, vascular, and special procedures patients, including acquisition and radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiological disorders related to their procedure. Performs and completes data reduction of all electrophysiology studies. Assists with implantation of stents, central lines, Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillator (ICDS) and Pacemakers. Provides didactic and clinical training of new employees and students. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
Job Description: Fulltime 1.0 dayshift Mon-Fri with varying start times including participation in a call pool including weekends and holidays. 30 minute response time required. Role will participate in both Cath and EP procedures at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists physicians, according to OR standards of practice, during procedures performed in the OR setting. Provides assistance to physician for all procedures, responsible for maintenance of sterile field, proper set-up, and handling and maintenance of equipment and injection of contrast media. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all procedures and care provided. Provides accurate reporting to other health care personnel. Provides basic and advanced life support according to AHA standards under direct supervision of physician or according to protocol. This includes cardioversion and defibrillation, starting intravenous lines, CPR, and airway support. Maintains ability to calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot biomedical electronic equipment pertinent to performing invasive procedures.
- Provides care for critical and non-critical patients during the invasive procedure and assists with Post-procedure care as needed. Performs patient assessments focusing on physiologic, psychologic and cognitive functions of patient. Performs all routine diagnostic fluoroscopic and therapeutic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media, application of immobilization of radiation protection devices according to department of policy and procedures. Analyzes the assessment data to assist in the patient plan of care and to coordinate care across disciplines. Utilizes critical thinking skills to troubleshoot, anticipate and resolve patient issues relevant to procedure. Performs accurate monitoring and recording of patient's hemodynamic status throughout procedure. Reduces and completes all data by applying knowledge of waveform analysis and hemodynamic principles.
- Maintains knowledge of medications and administers all drugs in the Cath Lab formulary.
- Participates in the on-call system within the laboratory for emergency and urgent studies on weekends, nights, and holidays with a 30 minute response time.
- Properly handles and processes images.
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety, electrical safety and universal precautions and utilizes safeguards at all times.
- Participates in all EP/CATH/Vascular procedures with appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the clinical instruction of students and staff on all procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma / GED.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS certified) or Graduate of accredited school of Invasive Cardiovascular Technology (RCIS certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire); OR Vascular-Interventional Radiography (VI) Certified or Graduate of a formal radiation technologists program with RT (R) (VI certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire); OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) Certified or Graduate of a certified school of Electrophysiology (EP) technology (RCES certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire).
- One (1) year of experience in the healthcare field.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist or Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist or X-Ray Technologist.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.