Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist
Lancaster General Hospital
6040 CARD-Invasive Laboratory
Job Title: Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, PA.
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hr/two weeks working in the Cath Lab varied shifts with weekend/holiday and on call rotations. Will cross train in EP and Interventional Radiography.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist. and special procedures patients, including acquisition and radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and
physiological disorders related to their procedure. Performs and completes data reduction of all electrophysiology studies. Assists with implantation of stents, central lines, Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillator (ICDS) and Pacemakers. Provides didactic and clinical training of new employees and students.
1. Provides care for patients during the invasive procedure and assists with Post-procedure care as needed
2. Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all procedures and care provided. Provides accurate reporting to other health care personnel.
3. Provides assistance to physician for all procedures, responsible for maintenance of sterile field, proper set-up, and handling and maintenance of equipment and injection of contrast media.
4. Provides basic and advanced life support according to AHA standards under direct supervision of physician or according to protocol. This includes cardioversion and defibrillation, starting intravenous lines, CPR, and airway support.
5. Maintains ability to calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot biomedical electronic equipment pertinent to performing invasive procedures.
6. Performs accurate monitoring and recording of patient's hemodynamic status throughout procedure. Reduces and completes all data by applying knowledge of waveform analysis and hemodynamic principles.
JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
l High School diploma / GED.
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS certified) or Graduate of accredited school of Invasive Cardiovascular
Technology (RCIS certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire); OR Vascular-Interventional Radiography (VI)
Certified or Graduate of a formal radiation technologists program with RT (R) (VI certification is required within two (2) years of
date of hire); OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) Certified or Graduate of a certified school of
Electrophysiology (EP) technology (RCES certification is required within two (2) years of date of hire).
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One (1) year of experience in the healthcare field.
Two (2) years of experience as a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist or Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist or X-Ray
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 07/23/2020