Cardiovascular Invasive Support Technician:Interventional Radiography(32hr/wk/Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
The Interventional Vascular Unit (IVU) is a 16 bed pre post area with 3 procedural rooms. The IVU performs a variety of services for the outpatient and inpatient population. Specializing in diagnostic and interventional procedures. Working closely with vascular surgeons, radiologist, cardiologist, anesthesia and neuro radiologists.
8 hour day shifts, Monday-Friday. Varying hours
Job Title: Cardiovascular Invasive Support Tech : IVU (64hr/2week/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8 64 hours per two weeks working Monday Through Friday eight hour dayshifts in Interventional Radiography. Work with both Inpatient and Outpatient populations. Work closely with Vascular Surgeons, Radiologists, Cardiologists, Anesthesia and Neuro Radiologists.
Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel. Performs a wide variety of support functions for the Invasive Cardiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Invasive Services, Cardiology Pre-post procedure areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs venipuncture, urine, sputum and microbiological specimen collection in an ambulatory and hospital setting.
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements, quality controls and special protocols.
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists, entering and or transmitting results and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Performs and documents pre-procedural preps, including surgical preps of Invasive Services patients both intra and interdepartmentally.
- Participates in the on-call system within the organization for routine and urgent indwelling vascular access lines on weekends, nights and holidays with a 60 minute response time.
- Organizes assigned workload and performs appropriate tasks meeting established productivity standards in phlebotomy, point of care testing and all job duties associated with catheterization, electrophysiology, Interventional Radiology and/or pre and post procedures. Performs point of care testing including but not limited to ACTs, glucometer and pregnancy testing.
- Performs duties related to the discontinuation and management of post procedural lines including but not limited to: Arterial and venous lines, radial compression devices throughout the organization.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, performs and transmits EKGs and rhythm recognition.
- Provides appropriate clinical functions to support line management and ongoing hemostasis issues throughout the organization.
- Provides mentorship and oversight for new employees and clinical interns on workflow and processes specific to Invasive Services.
- Demonstrates the Lancaster General Health Standards of Performance in dealing with patients, visitors, and coworkers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Within a patient care setting, develops work schedules and job assignments to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Collects patient demographics, contacts, medication and allergy information for pre-procedure patients. Schedules patients as necessary.
- As necessary, orders and stocks various supplies needed within the department.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR Certification
- Previous patient care assistant experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in performing phlebotomy and/or point of care testing.
This position requires CPR Certification#LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/30/2021