Cardiovascular Invasive Support Technician (40hrs/week, Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
6041 CARD-Pre/Post Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel. Performs a wide variety of support functions for the Invasive Cardiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Invasive Services, Cardiology Pre-post procedure areas.
Full time position, no weekend/no holidays. Varied shift start times-unit hours of operation 0600-1800. Potential for future on call requirement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs venipuncture, urine, sputum and microbiological specimen collection in an ambulatory and hospital setting.
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements, quality controls and special protocols.
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists, entering and or transmitting results and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Performs and documents pre-procedural preps, including surgical preps of Invasive Services patients both intra and interdepartmentally.
- Participates in the on-call system within the organization for routine and urgent indwelling vascular access lines on weekends, nights and holidays with a 60 minute response time.
- Organizes assigned workload and performs appropriate tasks meeting established productivity standards in phlebotomy, point of care testing and all job duties associated with catheterization, electrophysiology, Interventional Radiology and/or pre and post procedures. Performs point of care testing including but not limited to ACTs, glucometer and pregnancy testing.
- Performs duties related to the discontinuation and management of post procedural lines including but not limited to: Arterial and venous lines, radial compression devices throughout the organization.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, performs and transmits EKGs and rhythm recognition.
- Provides appropriate clinical functions to support line management and ongoing hemostasis issues throughout the organization.
- Provides mentorship and oversight for new employees and clinical interns on workflow and processes specific to Invasive Services.
- Demonstrates the Lancaster General Health Standards of Performance in dealing with patients, visitors, and coworkers.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Within a patient care setting, develops work schedules and job assignments to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Collects patient demographics, contacts, medication and allergy information for pre-procedure patients. Schedules patients as necessary.
- As necessary, orders and stocks various supplies needed within the department.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR Certification
- Previous patient care assistant experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in performing phlebotomy and/or point of care testing.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic - - passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
A large portion of this position requires reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem and communicating with appropriate medical personnel. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, oxygen tank, , IV pumps, bed scale/floor scale, , suction bottles, anti-thrombic pumps, hypothermia blanket., bladder scans, vital signs machines (stationary and portable), portable suction, temperature probe, mechanical lifting devices, blood glucose monitoring devices, EKG machine, computer, FAX machine, copier, refrigerator, point of care testing devices, Tube system, Warmers (blanket and redi-bath), Wheelchairs, litters and beds.
blood drawing devices, i.e. vacutainer system, needles, syringes, office supplies, stethoscope, scissors, flashlight.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information system, e-mail, scheduling system; Print Shop program
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/12/2021