Cardiovascular Invasive Support Technician
Lancaster General Hospital
6041 CARD-Pre/Post Care
Position is located in Lancaster, PA
Position will work 40 hours/week Monday-Friday between the hours of 6am- 8pm
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it.
Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with established methods and procedures, under the supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel. Performs a wide variety of support functions for the Invasive Cardiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Invasive Services, Cardiology Pre-post procedure areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs venipuncture, urine, sputum and microbiological specimen collection in an ambulatory and hospital setting.
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains working knowledge of specimen requirements, quality controls and special protocols.
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required computer systems including investigating orders, “receiving” specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists, entering and or transmitting results and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Performs and documents pre-procedural preps, including surgical preps of Invasive Services patients both intra and interdepartmentally.
- Participates in the on-call system within the organization for routine and urgent indwelling vascular access lines on weekends, nights and holidays with a 60 minute response time.
- Organizes assigned workload and performs appropriate tasks meeting established productivity standards in phlebotomy, point of care testing and all job duties associated with catheterization, electrophysiology, Interventional Radiology and/or pre and post procedures. Performs point of care testing including but not limited to ACTs, glucometer and pregnancy testing.
- Performs duties related to the discontinuation and management of post procedural lines including but not limited to: Arterial and venous lines, radial compression devices throughout the organization.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, performs and transmits EKGs and rhythm recognition.
- Provides appropriate clinical functions to support line management and ongoing hemostasis issues throughout the organization.
- Provides mentorship and oversight for new employees and clinical interns on workflow and processes specific to Invasive Services.
- Demonstrates the Lancaster General Health Standards of Performance in dealing with patients, visitors, and coworkers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR Certification
- Previous patient care assistant experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in performing phlebotomy and/or point of care testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 01/03/2020