Cardiology Technician; (Full Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs multiple non-invasive procedures according to division standards while providing data to the Cardiologist for interpretation of procedures. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Interprets and documents cardiac dysrhythmias. Is able to independently apply, scan, analyze, and record holter monitors.
- Analyzes 12-lead EKGs. Assesses for appropriate indications and contraindications of stress testing. Independently performs and supervises stress testing under the direct supervision of the physician who is in the immediate vicinity or on the premises and available in case of emergency situations. Monitors and records vital signs. Terminates exercise stress testing following department protocols. Interprets exercise stress testing and obtains immediate physician review when indicated. Completes exercise stress testing and holter monitor flow sheets.
- Is able to apply holter monitors demonstrating proper electrode application with analysis of underlying arrhythmias.
- Provides one-on-one instruction to new employees and students as directed by the Supervisor or Manager of Cardiology.
- Initiates CPR and assists physician during medical emergencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of one to two (1-2) years of 12-lead EKG, arrhythmia courses with stress training and/or completion of a certificate or diploma program in CVT and/or completion of a clinical rotation in non-invasive cardiology.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year as a Non-Invasive Technician.
- CCT certification through CCI.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/13/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.